See yourself as a bit of an artist? Help us design our new intranet logo!
In June, St John is launching a new intranet (internal website where people access information they need to do their jobs and read relevant news from across the organisation). The intranet will be called Heartbeat. The name reflects what we do as a healthcare provider and that our people are the beating heart of our organisation.
“Our Intranet is a place we can be inspired, feel empowered, and for all of us to connect.”
However, we need your help to put the finishing touches on this great internal tool. We’ve got a name, but we don’t have a logo! Like Nike has the Swoosh, the All Blacks have the Silver Fern and Tip Top have the Swirling Red Heart – we want an icon, so people instantly recognise it as Heartbeat.
While youth won’t have access to Heartbeat for the time being, we still want you involved. So, we’re running a competition throughout the school holidays, from 16 – 27 April 2018, to crowdsource the best design.
- Keep the logo design simple – overly complex details will disappear when the logo is displayed at small sizes.
- Incorporate some Kiwiana elements.
- Think about how your logo will work in black and white as well as in colour.
- Ideally keep your design in line with these specs – 40mm x 30mm.
- How will your logo will work in different scales – such as large on a poster, or small on the header of a website.
- The icon can either be a hand drawn illustration or a computer made graphic.
- The Competition is open to youth of all ages.
- Entries must be received by 5pm 27 April 2018. Please send all entries to email@example.com or by snail mail to Communications Team, 2 Harrison Road, Mt Wellington, Auckland 1060. The image needs to be sent in as a JPEG or PNG file along with a paragraph (150 words or less) which explains the inspiration behind your design. Don’t forget to include your name, division and email contact.
- A panel will review the entries and choose the winning design.
The winner of the competition will receive:
- A local, educational experience for you and three friends.
- A framed copy of the design.
- And of course, the design will forever be on the homepage of the St John intranet!